As Canada’s sixth largest city, Mississauga is home to 741,000 residents and more than 54,000 businesses, including more than 60 Fortune 500 companies with Canadian head offices or major divisional head offices. A diverse, progressive and award-winning municipality located on the shores of Lake Ontario in the heart of the Greater Toronto Area, Mississauga is “Leading Today for Tomorrow” by focusing on delivering services, implementing its Strategic Plan, delivering value for money and maintaining infrastructure.
Make your move to the City of Mississauga and come be part of something BIG!
MiWay is seeking a strong, visible leader that can identify strategic customer priorities, define a roadmap for achieving objectives, and ensure that the continuous improvement of service delivery meets the evolving needs of customers and the organization.
As Ontario’s third largest municipal transit service provider, MiWay serves a growing population of roughly 766,000 across 179 square kilometers in Mississauga. MiWay delivers express, local and school route services. There are about 500 buses in the fleet servicing 65 transit routes. MiWay’s vision is to provide a safe, reliable, and efficient travel choice that delivers an excellent customer experience.
As the Manager, Customer Success & Innovation, you will lead the customer success program for the MiWay transit division. You will develop strategic and operational programs to measure and drive continuous improvement for both the internal culture and the external customer experiences with MiWay.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Business Development, this position is responsible for leading three customer-focused teams (20+ staﬀ) which include customer experience (internal and external programs), customer service (customer call center, feedback & in person customer support) and internal communications, innovation & employee programs.
MiWay Customer Experience (CX)
- This role is responsible for the Customer Experience strategy development, annual reviews of short- and long-term goals, and for the delivery of division-wide CX programs to advance MiWay’s program strategy and measurement of eﬀectiveness.
- Develop and lead the MiWay customer measurement programs (bi-annual CSATs and mystery shopping, personas, customer journey mapping, the MiWay Customer Charter, etc.) to gain and understanding of the customer pain points and moments of truth.
- Lead the MiWay Voice of the Customer (VoC) Program to capture real-time, continuous feedback with a governance structure that supports clear action plans, measurements, and accountability.
- Work with the Transit Leadership team to develop action plans related to areas of improvement in each of the MiWay sections. Ensure actions are understood and acted upon to eﬀectively improve the overall customer
- Ensure MiWay’s ideation platform, MiIdea, is an effective staff engagement platform that is measured against clear success criteria and that SLAs are met.
- Manage budgets and procurements to advance customer experience and achieve sustainability through innovation, enhancement, and transformation of existing services.
- Provide support to all MiWay teams as it relates to cultural change programs for the transit division, including organizing customer outreach and/or appreciation events for internal and external customers.
MiWay Customer Service
- Manage MiWay’s Customer Service team, which includes the Customer Call Centre, Customer Information Booth (including Lost & Found) at the City Centre Transit Terminal (CCTT), and Customer Service Ambassadors who provide in person customer assistance while on MiWay stations, stops or on buses.
- Lead work plans for the implementation of MiWay’s Customer Service Strategy which identifies customer service needs, areas of improvement (e.g., KPIs), staﬃng requirements, and new
- Eﬀectively lead the collective bargaining process with the Union UFCW to ensure a strong agreement is established that supports the business needs of MiWay.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are addressed professionally through a quality assurance program and ongoing staﬀ training.
- Responsible for leading MiWay’s annual Customer Service Week, as well as supporting other customer-focused events such as Customer Appreciation Days.
Employee Internal Communications Program
- Manage the MiWay Strategic plan and MiProject programs for the transit Support each of the section teams in aligning their goals to the division strategic plan and documenting them on MiProject.
- Lead the annual action planning exercises with the leadership team to update and add yearly division wide goals, projects, and team actions.
- Improve employee participation and knowledge of MiWay strategic priorities and action plans as they relate to each section.
- Support employee success and increase job satisfaction at MiWay by developing and managing an onboarding toolkit for new employees and by designing an employee recognition program to enhance engagement.
- Develop and implement a variety of communication tactics to promote Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) programs, promote organization-wide information sharing, and cultivate a sense of professional pride at MiWay.
- Increase employee reach and access to department and business information by managing the MiWay InsideMississauga page and coordinating the Director’s emails, newsletters, and bi-annual division wide information
- Work closely with management and leaders to gain an understanding of their teams internal communication needs and provide guidance and recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and implement a variety of communications tactics to address current MiWay internal communications opportunities, promote organization-wide information sharing and cultivate a sense of professional pride at MiWay.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post secondary degree in Business, Human Resources, Organization Development or similar ﬁeld.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience working in a customer-focused
- Strong project management skills with the ability to build strategic plans, lead change and manage measurement programs.
- Advanced professional writing and verbal communication Must have the ability to develop and present to staﬀ and leaders in a well-organized and professional manner.
- Model leadership by creating and promoting a cross-functional empowered team environment that fosters and creates a culture of diversity, inclusion, anti-racism, equity, and accessibility in the workplace.
- Embrace positive disruption, adoption of innovation and high-impact solutions.
- Must have the ability to work in an agile and fast-paced environment
- Strong people leadership skills with the ability to lead cultural change and drive a positive working
- Experience working with a union environment is an
- Experience in research and insight development
- Solid computer knowledge and understanding is