Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) is a form of mindfulness training to assist people with anxiety, depression, chronic illness and chronic pain. It supports chronic physical and psychological conditions. This 8-week psycho-educational group program helps to develop your capacity for greater calm and teaches you practical skills to manage stress. It is offered as a complement to traditional medical and psychological treatments, not as a replacement, MBSR has been proven to be effective in helping to treat a wide variety of medical conditions.
This program takes place in a safe and supportive environment, where you will receive formal and informal MBSR meditation practices, including gentle guided instruction, the opportunity to share with the group, while learning to re-create your relationship to stress.
MBSR program participants report lasting decreases in psychological and physical symptoms which are exacerbated by chronic stress. Research has demonstrated improved behavioural outcomes including better sleep, lower blood pressure, and fewer worries.
This program is designed to teach participants how to:
- Approach your life with more composure, energy, understanding and enthusiasm
- Develop the ability to cope more effectively with both short-term and long-term stressful situations
- Gain insight into your responses rather than reactions
- Enhance your ability to manage and reduce pain levels, improve your focus, resilience, and capacity to recover more quickly from challenging events
- Learn how to access and cultivate a natural capacity to actively engage in caring for yourself
- Find greater balance, ease, and peace of mind
- Develop a different relationship to stress resulting from chronic physical and psychological conditions
Half-Day / 1-Day
Pricing & Deadline Information
Early Bird Deadline
Refer to the dates on the Registration Platform