DEPARTMENT: Community and Health Services Department
BRANCH: Integrated Business Services Branch
Salary: $32.31 to $35.10 per hour
LOCATION: 17250 Yonge Street, Newmarket
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS: As Required and Varied
OPERATIONAL HOURS: 0830 – 1630
This is an Addition to staff
Union position – CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Access York Contact Centre Operations is responsible for responding to requests and resolving questions and concerns received from the public; conducting customer interviews to determine customer needs, triaging customers for appropriate services and assessing eligibility for various Regional and Provincial programs and services; completing intakes and assessments of program specific applications; making referrals to department staff, and community agencies; processing applications; tracking and documenting details in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and Provincial systems; with the goal of responding to customers and resolving the inquiry at the first point of contact.
- Handles telephone, in-person and electronic inquiries and conducts initial customer interviews; makes inquiries to gain relevant information and assesses suitability and/or determines eligibility based on legislation and program funding for York Region and Provincial programs and services (including but not limited to Ontario Works, Child Care, Early Intervention, Housing, Homelessness Programs, and Discretionary Benefits).
- Accesses information in the knowledge database to respond/resolve customer issues at the first point of contact while exercising confidentiality, discretion and adhering to Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) and Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA).
- Maintains and follows up if necessary, wait lists, databases and bring-forward systems.
- Makes suggestions for changing/improving processes to management.
- Participates in team meetings and divisional and departmental task groups and committees, as required.
- Acts as a resource through peer mentoring by providing guidance and direction on Access York policies and procedures to help orient and integrate new Access York staff.
- Responds to inquiries and resolves concerns via telephone, email, in-person, chat and any other means of customer contact, as appropriate.
- Ensures that services provided meet Regional customer service standards.
- Successful completion of a Community College Diploma in Human Services or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum two (2) years demonstrated experience in a Human Services environment working with the vulnerable population and one (1) year experence in a call centre environment.
- Demonstrated strong assessment skills to provide appropriate services to marginalized, vulnerable and at risk populations.
- Demonstrated experience in electronic applications such as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Social Assistance Management System (SAMS), YARDI.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Check.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer focus, communication, collaboration and personal ownership.
Please apply online by August 17, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.