Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Our Customer Experience practice strives to create positive, memorable travel experiences on GO, UP Express and new region-wide transit projects. Bringing a strong perspective in human-centred design, we develop a deep understanding of our customers and their needs and guide multidisciplinary project teams across Metrolinx in delivering highly valued experiences that drive repeat ridership and loyalty.
We’re looking for an Advisor who can effectively bring together the many physical and digital touchpoints across the customer journey and collaboratively design experiences that best align to our customers’ needs and expectations. You’ll use your curiosity, empathy and strategic thinking skills to develop a deep understanding of the customer, gain agreement on opportunities to improve the experience, and partner with subject matter experts to define our collective vision and path forward.
What will I be doing?
- Using a human-centred design approach, support senior staff in framing the problem space, aligning on customer experience research objectives, and developing the scope of work for a wide range of internal client project teams
- Uncover customer needs, pain points, and desired outcomes using design research techniques such as in-field observational research (across the Metrolinx service area), interviews, and empathy mapping
- Aggregate, analyze and synthesize customer data & research from partner teams (e.g. customer feedback, CSAT reports, surveys, focus groups, panel feedback, customer analytics / ridership data, and social media) to understand customer behaviours, mindsets, needs, and expectations across the transit journey
- Use visual storytelling to share your deep understanding of the customer with Metrolinx-wide stakeholders and gain alignment on current pain points and opportunity areas
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to translate desired customer outcomes into impactful, integrated design of physical, digital and service touchpoints across the end-to-end customer journey
- Support and lead interactive client & stakeholder workshops, brainstorming sessions, and feasibility & viability discussions with internal partners (in person and/or remotely, e.g. using Miro), including planning, synthesis of key outputs and follow-up on action items
- Continuously advance the Customer Experience (CX) practice by incorporating the latest best practices, research & design methods, and cross-industry service innovations into your projects
- Develop, own and communicate project deliverables such as customer journey maps, service blueprints, storyboards, concepts, value propositions, prototypes, presentations, briefing notes and other artifacts
- Actively seek input from team members and stakeholders on project deliverables to ensure buy-in and share constructive feedback with colleagues to continuously build our CX practice
- Build strong relationships with project team peers to maintain knowledge of issues affecting projects and to facilitate alignment amongst various internal and external stakeholders
- Working with design partners (in User Experience, Customer Infrastructure Design and Customer Solutions), co-create tangible recommendations to improve the customer experience that align with client and organizational objectives, compellingly communicate the team’s thinking and rationale, and gain buy-in on the desired future state
- Assess the impacts of recommended actions on existing projects, policies, processes, and divisional and organizational goals; identify project and organizational gaps and risks; and recommend mitigation strategies to senior staff
What skills & qualifications do I need?
- Completion of a degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Planning or a related discipline – or a combination of education, training and experience deemed equivalent
- Minimum four (4) years of related experience
- Critical-thinking skills to identify trends in customer experience, provide customer insight into results, and outline recommended options
- Interpersonal and relationship management skills to liaise with stakeholders and business units, to identify/manage data/information requirements
- Qualitative and quantitative analytical skills to research and provide input on strategies, projects, and initiatives
- Creativity to determine format of reports and to translate a range of diverse data/information into meaningful reports that support internal and external requirements
- Customer experience knowledge to provide expertise on customer experience issues
- Project management principles and practices to coordinate projects, and develop and monitor implementation schedules within schedule and budget limitations
- Interpersonal and verbal/written/presentation communication skills to develop and deliver compelling briefing, communication, and presentation materials for a wide range of audiences
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, etc.) to prepare reports, correspondence, spreadsheets and graphical presentations
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign) is an asset
Don’t Meet Every Requirement?
If you’re excited about working with Metrolinx but your past experience doesn’t quite align with every qualification of this posting, we encourage you to apply. You just might be the right candidate for this or other roles. We are always looking for great talent to join our team.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from members of equity-deserving communities, including those who identify as Indigenous, Black, racialized, women, people with disabilities, and people with diverse gender identities, expressions and sexual orientations.
We value the unique skills and experiences each person brings to Metrolinx and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment. We are committed to the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act so if you require accommodation during the hiring process, please let our Recruitment team know by contacting us at: 416-202-5601 or email email@example.com.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
Metrolinx employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with Metrolinx’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Standard, made under the Metrolinx Communicable Diseases in the Workplace Policy, as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you are not able to obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request accommodation from Metrolinx.