WHAT WE DO – OUR PASSION
Our vision is to radically change the way organizations serve their customers. We do this by providing consulting services on customer experience as well as through the development and delivery of instructor-led training.
Name any company in the world and we will wager that their top leadership would love to say that 1) my employees are trained and engage and 2) my customers are happy. We help with both.
The team at the Customer Service Professional Network is a collection of passionate trainers, analytical thinkers, and trusted advisors where we value working collaboratively and with a “let’s make magic happen” attitude.
For over 20-years we have supported organizations across all sectors and industries as a trusted partner to design their Customer Experience strategies, empower them with the skills and tools to deliver upon the strategies and sustain their implementation through a community of CX professionals.
Interested in changing the employee and customer experiences for the better? Come join us!
Job Title: Management Consultant – CX Manager
Position: Contract / Permanent Full-Time
Location: Toronto, ON / Vancouver, BC
About the Opportunity
The traditional name of this role would be called a Management Consultant, but the role is so much more. We internally refer to this mid-level role as a CX Manager, where CX stands for “Customer Experience”. The role is simple and complex at the same time and full of exciting challenges.
The successful candidate must have experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where a high degree of professionalism, strong communication skills, and flexibility are required. The individual is a proactive performer that demonstrates excellent initiative and judgment on a regular basis. The ability to deal with ambiguity and handle changing and competing priorities is a must.
As a CX Manager, you are primarily responsible for leading major workstreams in the design and execution of research activities as well as deliverables intended to help our clients’ organizations understand and consistently deliver their desired customer experience.
You are a dynamic individual who has customer experience understanding, experience with research and data analysis, experience in owning major workstreams and outputs, a strong understanding of strategic frameworks, communication concepts, as well as the ability to design and facilitate working sessions with clients. Your enthusiasm, follow through, and go with the flow attitude enables you to thrive in establishing & nurturing relationships with clients during all engagements.
A CX Manager is a mid-level position within CSPN’s CX Advisory team and is required to have an educational background and/or work experience that meets the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Science, Finance or Business Administration
- MBA not required but is strongly preferred for this role-level.
- Between 5 years (min) to 10 years (max) related work experience
- Previous management consulting experience strongly preferred.
An ideal CX Manager is exceptional in their ability to:
- Solve Problems: you can find answers to questions and use data to find creative solutions to problems across businesses strategy, people, process, and technology landscapes.
- Navigate the “Grey Area”: you are comfortable with the unknown and able to produce results without clearly defined instructions or processes.
- Manage Cross-Functional Stakeholders: you have strong organizational skills and can manage people (internal and clients), time, and effort in the completion of key outputs.
- Be Accountable: you think and act as if the work product you are designing is for your own company where you have a skin in the game.
- Design Research & Deliverables: you can develop an effective approach to research activities ad turn data into insights in a clear, compelling way through visuals and writing.
- Synthesize Information: you take information from multiple sources and identify salient points.
- Communicate Clearly: you can articulate key points, supported by structured proof / examples.
- Be Firm and Flexible: you always come to the table with your opinion but are flexible to the needs and wants of senior leadership and, ultimately, our clients.
- Keep Promises: you know how to create a work-back schedule and stick with it.
You will thrive at CSPN if you can:
- Find the joy in solving problems.
- Work independently and collaboratively with the team.
- Present well to clients.
- Receive feedback well.
- Strive for excellence while meeting tight deadlines.
- Laugh when things are tough.
About the Role & Responsibilities
- Lead key workstreams within client engagements.
- Own end-to-end project management aspects of assigned workstreams, including.
- Project workplan management
- Project status updates
- Support and/or lead Senior CX Team Members in the execution of consulting engagement research activities, including.
- Design research approach, methodology, briefs, and materials.
- Perform secondary research and data collection activities.
- Facilitate interviews, focus-groups, working group sessions and meetings.
- Gather and analyze large amounts of qualitative / quantitative data.
- Support and/or lead Senior CX Team Members in the execution of consulting engagement deliverables and outputs, including.
- Develop comprehensive reports.
- Develop data models.
- Develop various project-related collateral.
- Design and facilitate share-outs / presentations.
- Support and/or lead Senior CX Team Members in the execution of business development activities (i.e., Proposal writing).
- Manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
- Transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
- Perform additional collaborative duties as assigned.
All interested candidates should complete the following form and send their Resume and Cover Letter that explains your educational and work background and 2-3-year education and career goals. Please include the job title in the email subject line.
We thank all candidates who take the time to apply, however given the number of applications received only those selected for an interview will be contacted.