In today’s dynamic workforce, there are a lot of demands on leaders and management teams. Their responsibilities includes facilitating change management; reducing the negative effects of mergers, downsizing or rapid expansion. They also need to understand and motivate their staff and others in the organization. In other words, they need to lead their department and company with inspiring leadership skills and techniques.
This course will equip supervisors, team leaders, and managers with leadership skills that will strengthen their role as the critical link between strategic goals and tactical performance. Through this development program, supervisors will learn the skills necessary to lead their teams to success.
Too often, managers promote their best agents to be supervisors without equipping them with vital new leadership skills that will determine their success in their new job role.
This practical course is designed to reflect the “aim frame” of managing expectations and projects as a mindset as well as an activity. It assumes that “managing” is more than a hierarchical title; it is a state of thinking, responding, and acting. Participants will learn and apply management concepts, techniques, and tips to communicate, direct, coach, mentor, entrust, and lead others in routine situations and during challenging times of change. They will acquire tools for managing influentially and receive constructive feedback from their facilitator and peers.
Using case studies, discussions, team activities, paired exercises, management simulations, and self-assessments, participants will learn and practice influencing others assertively, diplomatically, and powerfully. Participants will give and receive feedback for communicating expectations, coaching staff to develop their skills, providing advice and options, and helping bring about change despite resistance from others.
This program is designed to teach participants how to:
- Understand the role of a Team Leader and reason we work in teams and what an effective team consist of
- Motivate team members and yourself
- Break through personal barriers
- Lead team meetings that are effective and fun
- Provide and reinforce positive and productive behaviour through praise and reprimand
- Learn and practice new concepts and techniques for handling people more effectively in a management and leadership capacity
- Learn and practice tools and techniques to use for giving feedback, conducting performance appraisals, coaching, mentoring, and disciplining staff
- Handle difficult and challenging people and situations with reduced stress by using a variety of proven assertiveness and conflict management techniques
- Delegate with more focus and confidence to achieve buy-in and commitment from others and achieve quality results
- Influence others with and without authority by appealing to mutual interests to attain win-win results emphasizing customer satisfaction
Module 1) Leadership & Management Styles
Module 2) Understanding Your Role
Module 3) Directing and Managing Others
Module 4) Coaching Others
Module 5) Mentoring Others
Module 6) Entrusting Others
Module 7) Leading Change
Module 8) Handling Resistance to Change
Module 9) Taking Care of Yourself