In today’s dynamic workforce, there are a lot of demands on leaders and management teams. Their responsibilities include; facilitating change management, reducing the negative effects of mergers, downsizing or rapid expansion. They also need to understand and motivate their staff and others in the organization. In other words, they need to lead their department and company with inspiring leadership skills and techniques.
The Leading With Excellence Program provides equip supervisors, team leaders, and managers with leadership skills that will strengthen their role as the critical link between strategic goals and tactical performance. Through this development program, supervisors and managers will learn the skills necessary to lead their teams to success.
Participants will learn and apply management concepts, techniques, and tips to communicate, direct, coach, mentor, entrust, and lead others in routine situations and during challenging times of change. They will acquire tools for managing influentially and receive constructive feedback from their facilitator and peers.
Using case studies, discussions, team activities, paired exercises, management simulations, and self-assessments, participants will learn and practice influencing others assertively, diplomatically, and powerfully. Participants will give and receive feedback for communicating expectations, coaching staff to develop their skills, providing advice and options, and helping bring about change despite resistance from others.
This program is designed to teach participants how to:
- Inspire high performing and engaged teams
- Understand the four leadership styles
- Motivate team members and yourself
- Provide and reinforce positive and productive behaviour through praise and reprimand
- Learn and practice new concepts and techniques for handling people more effectively in a management and leadership capacity
- Acquire access to unique tools and techniques to use for giving feedback, conducting performance appraisals, coaching, mentoring, and disciplining staff
- Handle difficult and challenging people and situations with reduced stress by using a variety of proven assertiveness and conflict management techniques
- Delegate with more focus and confidence to achieve buy-in and commitment from others
Module 1) Dimensions of Leadership
Module 2) Your Leadership Currency
Module 3) Communicating Others
Module 4) Coaching Others
Module 5) Delegating Effectively
Module 6) Motivation & Team Building
Module 7) Leading Change
Module 8) Handling Resistance
Module 9) Taking Care of Yourself
Module 10) Maintaining a Respectful Work Environment