Having a diverse workforce and training everyone in an organization to appreciate and embrace diversity can help set a business apart from its competition. Organizations that are proactive in addressing issues of diversity realize: opportunities, customer accolades, service excellence and more. This onsite training program explores the challenges that arise from diversity, issues that surface in diverse workgroups, and methods for handling conflict.
This program is designed to teach participants:
- Why there is a need for diversity
- About stereotyping in the workplace – do we all do it?
- Effective communication skills – questioning, listening and feedback skills.
- How to explain the importance of body language in the communication process
- How to demonstrate techniques for better listening skills when dealing with challenging speakers
- How to develop an action plan to improve communication skills
Module 1) Understanding Diversity
Module 2) Breaking Down the Barriers
Module 3) Verbal Communication Skills
Module 4) Non-Verbal Communication Skills
Module 5) Being Proactive
Module 6) Wrapping Up
Module 7) Effective Communication with Diverse Cultures